Why Should You Make Feed Pellets for Your Equines?
In ancient times horses were the main driving force of agricultural production, transportation and military activities. With the invention of power machinery and its wide application, field operations were almost replaced by tractors. Horses are mainly used for equestrian sports and production of milk and meat. The modern horse owners require that not only horses are healthy but also they are satisfying in all respects. This drives horse owners to buy top quality horse feeds which have balanced nutrition and make horses receive sensual satisfaction. Doubtlessly feed pellets is the best option in consideration of horse feeds’ appearance, texture, flavor and palatability.
Raw Materials for Horse Feed Pellets
1. Grass, the natural diet of the horse is grass. Grass contains most of the nutrition a horse requires to be healthy. It also contains silica, which is important for dental health.
2. Hay, many of us don’t have the luxury of being able to let our horses graze grass year round. Hay is the next-best choice.
3. Grains, oats has been the traditional grain fed to horses. However, horses may also be fed small amounts of other grains like corn. Some grains like wheat, aren’t good for horses.And a horse that over-eats a large amount of grain may colic or founder.
A. Don’t feed brans, including wheat and rice bran.They are not recommended as major part of your horse’s diet. All can cause mineral imbalances.
B. Things like tomatoes, acorns, cauliflowers, kale, cabbage, garden clippings, potatoes, and broccoli should not be fed to your horses.You may find these are handier to get – but please, for your horse’s well-being, steer clear of these!
Steps to Make Horse Feed Pellets
Firstly, since the ingredients must be ground down so much, you need a feed hammer mill (feed pellet grinder) for grinding the raw materials to feed powder. Besides, crushed materials are further separated by a sieve, and then stored in the assorting tanks according to the kind of raw materials.
Then, the raw materials are mixed by a feed mixer. In this process, fatty ingredients are added to the materials in order to raise the nutritional value of the feed. The feed obtained from the mixer is blended with molasses,so that pellets have good palatability which can increase feed intake and improve productivity.
Next, the finely-crushed feed powder is formed into pellets by a feed pellet mill.
If your production capacity per day is large, you may need a pellet cooler to cool the heat and control the moisture.At last,weigh and pack the pellets in the uniformity. In a simple word, to form pellets, all the feed ingredients must be finely ground, then smashed together into a pellet shape.
Benefits of Making Own Horse Feed Pellets
1. Easy to transport and move around. Feed pellets which have great density and small size are easily transported and stored.
2. Balanced nutrition.Horse feed pellets are made based on the nutrition needs of horses and adopt scientific formula so they have good palatability and balanced nutrition. This ensures that equines are not picky about feed.
3. It is economical. Because making own horse feed pellets costs much less than buying feed pellets from other manufacturers.
Equipment for Making Horse Feed Pellets
For home use, a feed hammer mill, a feed pellet blender/mixer and a flat die feed pellet mill is enough. After pelletizing,drying the pellets in the sun is OK. Lastly, feed them immediately or store them, only for a few days, in a covered bin.
For industrial use, you need to buy a feed pellet line, which includes a feed pellet blender, a feed hammer mill,a ring die feed pellet mill, a feed pellet cooler,a feed pellets screening and grading machine, a feed pellet weighing and packaging machine and some other auxiliary machines(conveyor, lifter, etc.).It will not only increase productivity greatly, but save much labor.
You can tell us your capacity requirement, then our salesman will give you a good recommendation.