|Grass Feed Pellet Processing Technology（download this in PDF）|
Benefits of Grass Pellets
1. The growth and utilization of the fodder are greatly influenced by seasons. Forage turn wither and yellow with less nutrients in winter . Yet, forage grow vigorous with more nutrients so that livestock can’t eat them up in warm seasons. So, in order to make full use of grass in the warm season to make the effect to come true, the livestock and poultry can be fed in winter with the grass pellets conserved in process of mowing, drying, crushing.
2. High transform rate. Feeding the livestock and poultry with the grass feed pellets in winter, we can gain more meat, egg and milk with less forage.
3. Small volume. Grass pellet is only around 1/4 of the raw materials in volume in favorable for storage and transportation. In addition, less dust is beneficial to the health of human and animals.
4. To increase palatability and improve the quality of forage.
For instance, sweet clover possesses a flavor of coumarin which livestock more or less don’t like it. However, it becomes another forage with a a strong palatability and high nutritional value.
5. To spread the source of fodder
such as caragana, optimal quinoa, hedysarummaxim. Etc which have the thick branches turn to the favorable forage once processed into the grass pellets after crushing. Moreover, secondary product of other crops such as abortive shell, straw as well as all kinds of leaves also can be processed into grass pellets and feed livestock and poultry.
Pellet Processing Technology
The key techniques of processing grass pellets is to adjust the water content of raw material.You must measure the water content of raw material first, then add water to the processing requirements of the water content. According to the determination , optimum water content of 14% to 16% is for grass pellets made of leguminous forage , Gramineous forage grass is 13% – 15%. Grass grain processing usually use pellet feed mill. Because of the effect of mixing by feed mixer machine and extruding in the process of rolling grains , the temperature of grass meal can reach about 80 ℃ under normal circumstances. Water content generally reduce by 3% – 5% from the high temperature cooling to room temperature, so the water content of the grass grain after cooling is not more than 11% to 13%. Due to the low water content , it is suitable for long-term storage without going mouldy. All kinds of different nutrients grass particles can be compounded in accordance with the nutrition requirements of various livestock and poultry. And the particle size is adjustable by rolling machine according to the requirements.
The grass pellet machine used now generally is composed of stirring, pressure, transmission and the frame . The main technical indicators are as follows
Sieve aperture: 8, 6, 4.5 and 3.2 mm in diameter.
Productivity: when aperture is 8 millimeter, 300 kg/hour. 6 mm, 250 kg/hour.4.5 mm, 200 kg/hour and 3.2 mm, 150 kg/h.(sheep larger models).
Grass meal fineness pressed: less than 1 mm
Particles cooling method: natural cooling type.(cooling)
Ingredient and Effect of Pellet Feed
In order to produce various feed for livestock and poultry as well as improve the utilization rate of feed, to mix toppings (green hay, straw stalk) 55% 60%, concentrate (corn, sorghum, oats, wheat bran, etc.) from 35% to 40%, minerals and vitamins 3% and 1% of compound feed as the components, and compress them into pelleted feeds with granular feed pressure machine is advisable . At the same time, every hundred kilograms of raw materials add 17 kilograms of water and 100 ml with concentration of 37% formalin so as to improve its nutrient composition and digestibility. A eight-month old Lamb, according to the experiment, average gains 190 grams per day by feeding them 50 days with pellet feed and 1 kg more weight , 6.4 kg less feed. Applying pellet feed to breed fat lamb is a feasible way to promote the development of aquaculture either in pastoral areas or in agriculture.
Feeding Techniques and Considerations
1. Livestock and poultry feeding should be trained about 6 to 7 days before that so as to make them get used to eating the pellet feed during which feeding 2 times a day and eating forage freely can be allowed. In addition, it is better to fill with a little green hay in the evening to improve digestion rate. The amount of particle feed for every day in the feeder has a small amount of residual as a norm. Typically, the quantity of the live sheep for 30 to 40 kg is 1.5 kg, 1.8 kg for 40 to 50 kg. The demand of water to eat pellet feed is much more than that to put out to pasture. livestock and poultry refuse to eat when water shortage, so it is necessary to offer drinking water in certain time and not less than 2 times one day. Installing drinking fountain is more ideal if the condition allows.
2. The water expands the pellet feed which effects feed rate and efficiency, thus, the hay season is so favorable to feed in the open circle rather than the rainy period.
3.Insecticide and medicated bath must be conducted before feeding. livestock and poultry with other diseases need symptomatic treatment to make sure the better use of the feed. Prolonging the feeding time appropriately will get larger compensation to put on weight to reach the expected effect of feeding.
According to the livestock species, production performance and physiological conditions, the diet with grass meal mainly can be processed into a certain dosage and fed directly. For example to the cow, the diet can be processed into 160 mm in diameter, thickness of 10 mm grass loaves of bread, or 160 mm x 170 mm x 60 mm plugs; 10 mm in length and 5 mm radius circular or square shape particles for sheep.
Biomass Energy and Feed Pellets turn-key project and solution providers – Amisy Group