Fish feed is a vital factor to be concerned in fish farming. High quality fish feed can improve fish living environment and ensure healthy growth of fish stock. Therefore before farmers opt the diet for fish, they should first know the basic nutritional needs of fish. Carbohydrates, protein, fat, vitamin and minerals are the essential nutrients for fish. Protein provides energy and builds muscles. Fat provides fish with energy. Vitamins and minerals can enhance natural resistance and feed conversion rate. So qualified fish feed is of utmost importance to ensure fish health and longevity.
Why Choose Fish Feed Pellets?
1. In fish feeding, trash fish and pellet feed are commonly used for fish feeding. Compared with feed pellet, trash fish do not have sufficient nutrients to satisfy the needs of all fish. It may lead to malnutrition which will reduce immunity and increase risks of disease. However, feed pellets produced by fish feed pelletizer for fish diet can satisfy the nutrients demands for fish like carbohydrates, protein, fat, vitamin and minerals. In addition, it also has the outstanding merits just like decreasing ingredient segregation & feed wastage, destruction of pathogenic organisms, easy storage and transportation and so on.
2. It is noteworthy that nutritional requirements of fish vary due to different species, sizes, growth stages and feeding habits. Pellet feed of different sizes and densities can be made to satisfy the needs of species in various growth stages and with different habits. Feed pellet can be divided into dry and moist pellet. It is usually made of corn, brown rice, paddy, sorghum and soybean meal etc.
Feed Pellet Mills for Making Fish Feed Pellets
1. Fish feed pellets featured with many advantages is at higher price in the market, so why not make fish feed pellet by yourself to reduce the cost and make big profit? If you would like to do it, the following information may be helpful.
2. Most fish feed pellets include animal protein and plant protein. For the raw materials, you should collect corn flour, rice flour, wheat flour, soybean flour and peanut cake powder for producing plant protein, and fish meal, shrimp meal, crab meal and sleeve-fish meal for animal protein. You can also add other ingredients for making the feed pellets in compliance with the local fish living requirement.
3. Choose the suitable pellet extruder to make ideal fish feed pellets. The fish feed pellet extruder can be divided into two types: dry type fish feed extruder and wet type extruder. The former can produce dry fish feed pellets and the latter for wet pellets. Dry type fish feed extruder does not need the steam boiler while the wet type is with the conditioner and need to equip with the steam boiler. With larger capacity, the wet type fish feed machine is suitable for large feed pellet plant while the dry type fish feed pellet machine is better and economic for the small and medium size user or factory. We offer the above two types of extruders which can produce different sizes and densities of fish feed.
Common Raw Material for Making Nutritional Fish Feed
☆ Rice Dust: contain about 10-14% of protein and also contain vitamin B1, B2, B6 and small quantity of enzyme.
☆ Mustard Cake: Mix maximum 40% of cake in the fish feed. But don’t use dry cake more than 20%. Mustard cake contain 30-32% protein. It also contain a high rate of fat.
☆ Wheat Chaff: contain fiber, control many types of fish diseases.
☆ Maize: contain protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamin A and E.
☆ Cotton Seeds: contain about 54% protein. It is a better ingredients for supplementary fish feed.
☆ Fish Powder: easily digestible to fish. Fishmeal contain about 55-60% protein.
☆ Bone Powder: very necessary for building fish-bone. The ratio of calcium and magnesium in the bone dust is 2 : 1.
☆ Innards : very suitable and ideal feed for catfish. It contain 52% protein.
Our company is specialized in designing & manufacturing comprehensive fish feed pellet production line. We strive to provide the highest possible quality products and the easiest solutions for all of customers’ needs. If you are interested in fish feed pellet making, we are glad to serve you with our professional knowledge!